I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately: Why do I love to swim? Analyzing this has helped keep me in tune with why I’ve started swimming again, or as an old friend put it today, decided to “make a comeback”. (I thought that was pretty cute!)
Here’s why I love to swim:
- I feel good when I swim. There is nothing like the feeling of sliding comfortably through the water.
- Along with that, I get to feel kind of like a kid again. And that is always a good thing.
- I love the quietness of swimming. All I hear is the sound of the water and whatever thoughts I decide to have. It is absolutely peaceful.
- It gives me the opportunity to remember what it’s like to be good at something – even though I’m not that good right now!
- I love the camaraderie of masters swimming.
- I get to unplug. Contrary to popular belief, I do not swim with my laptop and Blackberry attached to me.
- I don’t care what anyone says, but I have always loved swim suit shopping. And they are so darn cute these days!
Am I the only one who sits around and thinks about these things?