Friday, September 4, 2009

The truth of the matter

So here’s the deal.  I am signed up to swim at my first Master’s meet.  It’s on November 22nd in Oak Harbor, WA.  And I’m not just swimming one event, but three events since I don’t know how to ease into anything.  It isn’t enough for me to just swim the 50 free and call it good. 

And here lays the problem.  The truth of the matter is that I am not in that great of shape.  SURPRISE!  I’m sure you all came to that realization before I did.  I have just over 2 months to get into fighting form.  Um, that doesn’t sound like enough time, does it?!

So suffer along with me, friends, while I prepare for this meet.  With the kids starting school I can begin going to the Master’s workout next week.  Cross your fingers.  Hold me to it.  I do NOT want to look like an idiot at the meet in November.  Hey!  Sounds like I just set my first meet goal!  AND this sounds like a ridiculously good reason to get a new swimsuit!  Who knew this Master’s swimming gig could be so fulfilling?  

No comments:

Post a Comment